Friends Through Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When only the best will do

HomeWelcome!SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Final Boss Xan
Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:32 pm by Virre

» My own review on Baten Kaitos [Swedish]
Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:31 pm by gomsim

» It's finally here!
Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:08 pm by Virre

» New Mines of Moria Trailer
Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:58 pm by Virre

» Resident evil 5 Introduction
Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:53 pm by Virre

» I've played the demo !
Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:50 pm by Virre

» Super Smash Bros. Meele Introduction
Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:46 pm by Virre

» Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?
Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:59 pm by Elho

» I bought it tonight! :D
Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:03 am by gomsim

» This forum needs a kickstart or it's off to the junkyard for this one !
Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:46 am by gomsim

Poll
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
strdav
Noob
Noob
strdav

Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? Empty
PostSubject: Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?   Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 12:17 am

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was released on March 21 2006. It became in just a few days one of the most loved games ever.

The thing which makes Oblivion so special and amazing is not the graphic, which was completely revelotionary when it was released, it wasn't either the huge world of Cyrodiil, where thousand of possibilities where hiding, no, according to me, the most fantastic with Oblivion, The Elders Scroll IV, were the freedom to change your destiny.
Gears of War. Crysis. Baiten Kitos. You name it. All these game have something similar to each other. Great games? Sure. Amazing graphic? Absolutely. But one more thing......The destiny of the player is already written in he stars! You have no choises in Gears of War. Follow the path, kill the monsters, save the world, game finished.
Oblivion is totally different. You can (if you want to) screw Martin Septim, throw the Amulet of Kings in a nearby river and welcome Lord Dagon to unleash Hell upon Tamriel. lol! Instead to do the main quests, you can chose your own path. Write your own destiny. You can sneak up behind someone in the darkest corners of Chorrol, stab him with your poisoned knife and loot the corpse. You can spend your life searching for the Nirnroots (rare flowers found nearby waters Cool ). Or you can learn how to master the arts of Magic, travel around the world to hunt Vampirers, and finally become Arch-Mage. Do whatever you want. Explore hidden caves with evil goblins, avoid traps in the mysterious Aeylid ruins, or just hang out at the Fanegyll Inn (great place Very Happy ) to eat and drink, chat with the locals and spend the night sleeping in the stable. Your choice. Your destiny.

My favorite scenario in the game is when you choose to follow the evil god Sithis. Assassinate the commander in Imperial City, poison a wealthy banker to his death, and stab down the Traitor of Darkness himself. Yeah, I guess I'm a bit of sadistic, geek but I really love when my cold, black arrow is moving through the air, only leaving a small scar behinds it, and then hits the target in the back, making him falling down from the balcony, toward his death! Assassination FTW!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Anyway, Oblivion is not just a game. It is a world, your character is like your alter-ago, ready to do whatever you can't do in this world.
If I now have to rate Oblivion, I'll give it 15 points......on a 10 points score Very Happy

Oblivion is not just a game. It is a world, a history....a Legend.
Back to top Go down
gomsim
Master
Master
gomsim

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?   Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 12:39 am

StrDav, my friend. Your words bring wisdom and truth. I am with you on every point. You can coose your destiny, how your character and the world around you will evolve. That is something I've been thinking about before. There is actually only some genres of games where you can choose your destiny all by yourself, Strategy and RPG. At least some of the games from both genres. Oblivion is probably the best example from the RPG-genre, and from the strategy-genre you have games like Civilization IV.
In those games you can start off from the very beginning choose how your first village/ character will be, and then make every little decision and form your empire/character just as you want it. You don't have to follow any pattern, path or do as anyone says. Just go where ever you want, kill who ever you want, make your own goals, explore differnt places and do what ever the game lets you do in any order when ever you want, how many times you want. Of course you cannot do everything, the games have limits, but the thing is that the game doesn't tell you what to do and when you can do things, you do them yourself whenever you want.

Hm... concerning the title "Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?", I must have to disagree. In my opinion, Oblivion isn't the best game in the world, but it's definately the best RPG. Hm.... Baten Kaitos is sort of an Adventure/RPG. Actually it is an RPG, but not in such a pure form as Oblivion. I like Baten Kaitos more, but Oblivion is still one of the most incredible games I have ever played. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://friendsthroughgames.forumotion.com
Snesum
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?   Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 7:52 pm

I love Oblivion. It's my favorite game. Very Happy I've played it so many times I know every quests by heart. I also think it's the best RPG. But the leveling system is really bad Sad If you want your character to have alot of strength, and you favour the sword, you have to run around fighting with a hammer to get as much strength as possible when you level up. But i love it and it's a great game. I was really hopefull with fallout 3 but i didn't like it Sad
Back to top Go down
Virre
Master
Master
Virre

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?   Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Then I'm going to make your day Smile Bethesda Softworks annonced in an interview recently that they were working on The Elder Scrolls 5 and was hoping on releasing it in 2010 Smile

But I guess you guys already knew that ^^
Back to top Go down
https://friendsthroughgames.forumotion.com
Snesum
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?   Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:33 pm

Yayzorz Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elho
Master
Master
Elho

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?   Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:59 pm

Virre wrote:
Then I'm going to make your day Smile Bethesda Softworks annonced in an interview recently that they were working on The Elder Scrolls 5 and was hoping on releasing it in 2010 Smile

But I guess you guys already knew that ^^

Nothing is official and do you have a link to this interview. Bethesda doesn't have a reputation of announcing a game without a press conference.
Back to top Go down
http://web.mac.com/hudson551/iWeb/Webbplats%203/Welcome%20%21.ht
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?   Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe? Empty

Back to top Go down

Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?
Page 1 of 1