Friends Through Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When only the best will do

HomeWelcome!SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Final Boss Xan
Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:32 pm by Virre

» My own review on Baten Kaitos [Swedish]
Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:31 pm by gomsim

» It's finally here!
Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 8:08 pm by Virre

» New Mines of Moria Trailer
Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:58 pm by Virre

» Resident evil 5 Introduction
Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:53 pm by Virre

» I've played the demo !
Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:50 pm by Virre

» Super Smash Bros. Meele Introduction
Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:46 pm by Virre

» Oblivion, the most Ultimate game in the Universe?
Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:59 pm by Elho

» I bought it tonight! :D
Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:03 am by gomsim

» This forum needs a kickstart or it's off to the junkyard for this one !
Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 12:46 am by gomsim

Poll
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Unreal Tournament 1 Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gomsim
Master
Master
gomsim

Unreal Tournament 1 Review Empty
PostSubject: Unreal Tournament 1 Review   Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 3:09 am

Aah... Have anyone of you ever played this amazing game? Very Happy

FPS today is waay too slowpaced. The only FPS franchise with a little speed in it is the Unreal Tournament franchise. I haven't played Unreal Tournament III so I can't say this one is better, but believe me, UT1 is much better than UT2003 or UT2004. The only thing that is better in UT 2004 is when you press up the flak cannon against the stomach of your enemy blowing his body apart seeing the big pieces of flesh followed by tails of blood flying meter by meter through the air. Those moments are better than chain-sawing someone in Gears of War. tongue Like a Star @ heaven

mm.... Razz it's amaizing to seeing an enemy running through the corridor knowing that you have a sniper rifle in your hands. Next thing happening is that you are aming at his head pulling the trigger making his head fly off his shoulders with a tail of blood. (or why not cut it off with a razor blade from the ripper) The wall besides him covers in blood while the lifeless body falls to the ground. Then you equip your minigun, you walk towards the dead body while you fill it with minigun bullets seeing the blood rush out of it. then the body explodes and all the bloody flesh is revealed and the floor gets covered in blood as well as the rest of the walls.... aah.... Twisted Evil I'm a freak.... What a Face Or why not equiping the shock rifle, then shooting away a slow-flying ball of plasma, and then using the primary plasma beam to make the ball explode close to an enemy making his body explode too. What a Face

BTW.... In 1999 there were many FPSes... One FPS were better than them all though. It had better graphics, it had a better AI, it was 1000 times more fun, it had maps with more interactive enviroment. It had everything at that time. It was the king of FPSes. It was the game you just had to buy. It was.... Unreal Tournament!!!

Here are some things I noticed today while playing it. This freaking 9 years old game has good graphics if you choose the Direct3D option when choosing graphics rendering... thing... ^^ There are some really outstanding graphical objects in the game... Very Happy the fires looks really great and the magicly stunning bakground paintings filled with endlessness (or something) are amaizing! And the Flags in capture the flag.... They are incredibly good looking. they are good looking even with todays standard... they look better than flags in most new games... It's insane! confused
Then there are the cartridge cases flying out of the weapons from the used bullets. They fall as good looking as in Crysis... confused Though they don't fall too nice in Crysis for being cuting edge, but still, UT1 was cuting edge at its release. there are many things in this game I think stands very much above todays FPSes. One thing that affects the gameplay is the AI. The AI in Unreal Tournament 1 is way better than the AI in CoD4. Yeah, I know, (I take an example I found out while talking to Elis earlier today... or yesterday) it's really fun, on CoD4, to run around with McMillan in his tall grass hearing his quiet voice and it all seems very real. But come on.. that does not have anything to do with Artificial Intelligence, everything is scripted, everything he does happens because you trigger the next move by walking through an invicible barrier or killing someone. The AI in UT1 is really challanging (or how ever it's spelled). It will use different items in ingenious ways to bypass obstacles or kill you in different ways for better result. They will try to dodge your attacks and being really fast moving to prevent you from hitting them. Now I only said two things, but Believe me, this AI beats the CoD4 AI... and the UT AI is 10 years old, which means that it is still outstandingly good and was unimaginably incredible at the time of the release.
One last (not last, but last in this message) good thing with this game is that it doesn't demand much at all from your computer making it very joyful seing the game running smooth with I mean like hundreads of FPSes... Smile
One more thing to mention is that the game is as bug free as a game could possibly be... Though if you use Windows Vista you'll have to start the luancher and press play to run the game instead of just pressing a shourtcut. But I don't see that as a big problem since you'll need the disc in the CD-rom when you start up the game anyway albino

So take your copy today!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I have them for free ^^ santa rendeer

Last edited by gomsim on Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://friendsthroughgames.forumotion.com
Svante
Not too bright
Not too bright
Svante

PostSubject: Re: Unreal Tournament 1 Review   Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 12:54 pm

Gaah! Why are you writing so long texts?

I don't have the enery to read them...
Back to top Go down
Virre
Master
Master
Virre

PostSubject: Re: Unreal Tournament 1 Review   Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 3:27 pm

haha who does? Laughing
Back to top Go down
gomsim
Master
Master
gomsim

PostSubject: Re: Unreal Tournament 1 Review   Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 7:11 pm

Are you that lazy!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Virre
Master
Master
Virre

PostSubject: Re: Unreal Tournament 1 Review   Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 7:47 pm

Yes indeed tongue
Back to top Go down
Svante
Not too bright
Not too bright
Svante

PostSubject: Re: Unreal Tournament 1 Review   Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 11:36 pm

yep pig im lazy Sleep
Back to top Go down
gomsim
Master
Master
gomsim

PostSubject: Re: Unreal Tournament 1 Review   Unreal Tournament 1 Review EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 10:44 pm

But now, Svante, you have tested it out! Very Happy At least once tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unreal Tournament 1 Review   Unreal Tournament 1 Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Unreal Tournament 1 Review
Page 1 of 1